Thursday, January 29, 2009

Spotlighting Stacey Jay's You Are So Undead to Me

Today, I have the pleasure of interviewing fellow Deb, Stacey Jay, author of YOU ARE SO UNDEAD TO ME. Stacey Jay is a workaholic with three pen names, four kids, and a decidedly macabre sense of humor. She loves zombies, creepies, crawlies, blood, guts, gore, and of course, romance. YOU ARE SO UNDEAD TO ME, Stacey's debut paranormal for Young Adult Romance featuring Zombie Settler, Megan Berry, released January 22nd from Razorbill Books.

Here's a summary of YOU ARE SO UNDEAD TO ME: Megan Berry's social life is so dead. Literally. Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people. All Megan wants is to be normal--and go to homecoming. But someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party--the bloody kind.

So, without further interruption, here is Stacey's interview . . .

NM: How old is the protagonist in your novel?

SJ: 15

NM: Think back to a time when you were the same age as the main character in your novel. If you could give that You one single piece of advice, what would it be?

SJ: Relax and smile more. Life is a lot funnier than you think it is right now, I promise.

NM: Did you go to your high school prom/graduation? If no, what did you do instead? If yes, what did you wear?

SJ: Yes, I went to both. For prom I wore a fabulous late 90's monstrosity with LOTS of blue sparkles. Sparkles=The Fabulous in 1996. To graduation I wore the black robe thing. That's what I was supposed to wear, right? I mean, I wore something underneath, but who remembers what that was? Not me, lol. I've drank lots of water since then.

NM: If your book had a theme song, what would it be?

SJ: "The World is A Vampire" by Smashing Pumpkins. I can really see Megan kicking zombie tail to that song.

NM: Which celebrity/ies did you look up to when you were the same age as your protagonist?

SJ: Um...I...uh...I was supposed to be looking up to people? Lol. Really, I wasn't into celebrities. I thought my mom and dad were awesome and Aunt Violet was the sweetest person in the world and I wanted to be as calm and composed and southern ladylike as my next door neighbor, but no real celebrity role models. I thought celebrities were way too interested in themselves. Still do.

NM: Finish this sentence: I highly recommend that everyone ___________.

SJ: Eat cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.

NM: Finish this sentence: Never, EVER ________. But if you must, then ______________.

SJ: bicycle naked. But if you must, then smile a lot to detract attention from what is no doubt a painful experience.

NM: Chocolate or vanilla?

SJ: Both please. And more.

NM: What is your favorite (non-alcoholic) beverage?

SJ: Hmmm...water, I guess. Water is just good stuff.

NM: What is your ideal vacation: skiing the Alps in the winter, or exploring the coral reef in the Caribbean?

SJ: I'm usually going all the time at home--four kids, writing, photography jobs, the gym--so when I go on vacation it would be drinking cocoa and watching the snow fall in the Alps and basking in the sun in the Caribbean. Vegetation is my preferred method of vacation no matter what the setting, lol.

Thanks, Stacey Jay! We wish you all the best with your YA debut!

You can visit Stacey Jay at her website, and you can buy the book here.


No comments:

Post a Comment