Sunday, November 22, 2009

Interview, and Links

Here is a link to a recent interview I did on Why A? In it, I talk about my path to publishing, when I began writing, my advice to writers, and I also reveal something "unexpected" about myself (!!).

In addition, I wanted to mention this review by one of our favourite booksellers, The Happy Nappy Bookseller. It is a review of Paul Griffin's Orange Houses, and she makes some keen, insightful observations. I've posted a quick thought in the comments section, but wanted to note the difference between this book by a white, male author featuring characters of colour, and the review I did of Chris Crutcher's WHALE TALK. Big difference. These two reviews also relate to the issues Justine Larbalestier raised in her posts on white writers writing PoC. An important conversation that needs to continue.

3 comments:

Zetta said...

Thanks for sharing this great interview--and what a revelation! I couldn't post this on her blog, and don't want to spoil the surprise for your followers, but from the posters I've seen in the subway, that's pretty racy stuff, Neesha!

Neesha Meminger said...

Zetta, ironically, I wanted to watch the show *because* of the racy posters (and my unabashed lust for one of the actors--though that lust has now abated due to the character he plays on the show ::sigh::). But the racy scenes just never won me over. It was the political intrigue that kept me going back...the whole separation of church and state that England was struggling with in the 1400s. Who knew?

Doret said...

I do enjoy a good paranormal story. Nice interview and cute picture. Thanks for the link.

Post a Comment