Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Deepavali and A Big Birthday

This Saturday is Deepavali, the Indian festival of lights. The spiritual significance of this holiday is that lamps are lit to symbolize the awakening of the inner light. Some say it's the triumph of good over evil. I say that's basically the same thing. If you're following your true inner light, you know what the deal is.

While we're all stuffing our faces contemplating our inner light this Saturday, I will also be celebrating a big birthday. Those of you who follow me on Twitter or are Facebook friends know which one it is, so I'm not going to announce it here for any and every random drive-by. But I am excited about it, and happy to spend time with family and loved ones, as well as eat everything I can get my hands on (north Indian food is all dairy and butter--with bread or rice, and north Indian sweets are all dairy and sugar. How can you go wrong with that?).

So, because I am celebrating this whole week, I will sign off the blogosphere until after the weekend. Happy Deepavali, everyone!

N~

5 comments:

Zetta said...

happy Deepavali and happy birthday, Neesha! my stomach hurts just thinking of all that dairy, but boy, does it sound good! Eat enough for both of us, and keep letting your light shine...

Neesha Meminger said...

Thanks, Zetta! Same to you :).

evelyn.n.alfred said...

Happy Birthday! And don't stuff your face too much or you'll bust. :-)

Mayra Lazara Dole said...

feliz cumpleanos, neesha! it's also damarys' birthday.
may your "inner light" SHINE. : )
Ps. i can now leave comments as long as i click on "post comment" three consecutive times after the comment: "Your request could not be processed. Please try again"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
I hope you share info about some of the foods and activities as you celebrate this holiday! ENJOY!!

Post a Comment