Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Had a wonderful birthday. Thank you so much for all the love and good wishes!

For brunch, the hubs hired a chef, y'all. I've NEVER had someone I don't know come into my home and cook for me. Not only did she cook for me, the hubs, and the girls, she cooked for my two brothers, my sister-in-law, and my niece and nephew who were all down from Toronto to help me celebrate. It was a veritable vegan feast (of course, for dinner we went to the all-dairy-all-the-time Indian restaurant to balance out the veganicity). No pics of brunch, sadly. I think I was too stunned when I walked out and saw a young Irish gal wearing a chef's hat in my kitchen.

And to let you know that I was thinking of you, at least during dinner, below are a few of the pics I managed to snap. I didn't get any entree or appetizer shots because I ate all of my dishes before I remembered to pause. But these are the desserts (the pic above was my birthday cake, on the house--a black forest cake with caramel ice cream and crumbled black chocolate cookie), and my Mumbai Margarita (made with real mango juice and a dash of cayenne). Yummmm . . . So far, forty has been very sweet.


The aforementioned Mumbai Mango Margarita


 My brother ordered this delicious mango cheesecake



And this is Mango Passionfruit Falooda with Lemongrass. I know that looks like an egg yolk floating around in there, but it's the mango sorbet (can you tell we're all mango fans?). Yum . . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

neesha, hi. i left you a comment on this post but it never appeared. if i press the "post comment" three times, it usually goes through. : ( maybe if i go back to anonymous? let's see.
mayra lazara dole

Post a Comment