Thursday, July 29, 2010

Summer Radio Silence

I can't believe how quickly this summer has blown by. August is around the corner and I feel like I've been doing a zillion-and-one things, but it seems I have nothing to show for it.

I've been keeping an eye on what's going on with Arizona's immigration bill, also known as SB1070; I'm waiting for romance number two to release (next month), and revising romance number three; I've written a few short pieces, both fiction and non-fiction, which should be out and about soon; been keeping up with Hell's Kitchen and SYTYCD (both Fox shows, which I am loathe to acknowledge. Sadly, though not surprisingly, the latter has been on a downward spiral); planning school visits and conferences I'm scheduled for in the fall; and I've been run ragged by the kids.

In between all that, I'm trying to enjoy the summer. The pool is a huge blessing (uh, that we *pay* for) and a refreshing jumpstart on those soupy humid days in the ninety-degree-and-above regions. So I've been trying to get as much solitude by the water as possible before Labour Day sneaks up, and re-reading as much Marion Zimmer Bradley novels as I can.

Also saw an interesting film, featuring time travel, called Happy Accidents. I streamed it through Netflix and was pleasantly surprised. I love Marisa Tomei (since My Cousin Vinny, which I also loved) and the film's premise piqued my interest. It lagged at points, but I was ultimately glad I watched it. I'll probably go back and watch it again, just to see what I might have missed the first time around. If you get a chance to see it, let me know what you think.

4 comments:

yuan said...

lol sounds like you've been busy! =D Good luck with everything.

(a tinyyyyyyyyy little hint on your romance novel under a pseudonym? *puppy eyes*)

Neesha Meminger said...

NEVAR. I WILL NEVAR REVEAL THE PSEUDONYM. NEVARNEVARNEVAR!

Well, maybe. If you email me and answer all the requisite questions. And promise me your firstborn and all subsequent-borns. Mwahahahahahahaha . . .

Doret said...

I love Marisa Tomei as well. I loved My Cousin Vinny. Glad she won the oscar.

I will discover your pseudonym. ( I have my ways) When I do I won't tell anyone. I just like the challenge.

yuan said...

Hmm, how about if I offer someone ELSE's firstborn? *is truly a terrible human being* >D

Post a Comment