Thursday, April 9, 2009

Grr. I had no idea this week was a three-day week until yesterday morning. So, everything I planned to do today and Friday has been completely ixnayed. Which means the writing? It suffers. SIGH. But such is the parental conundrum.

In the good news section:
~ I am, rather quickly, getting over the latest virus my kids brought home. HATE being sick. Not only does it get in the way of doing things, it gets in the way of eating things -- way worse.
~ Jackson Pearce posted a very cool and hilarious list of reasons why everyone should read SHINE.
~ A lovely woman whom I have taken to calling Awesome Librarian reviewed SHINE here. I was particularly drawn to this line, "Samar is a beautiful, hope-filled character." Yes! That was SO what I was hoping to get across. And I just love that Awesome Librarian put SHINE in the context of two other books about teen girls grappling with issues of self-esteem and body image (one of them is fellow Deb Sydney Salter who I just spotlighted!!) -- issues that are very near and dear to my heart. Two books I plan to read immediately. Librarians totally ROCK the casbah, man.

So, given the three-day weekness in the air, I shall bid you all adieu until Monday. You Canadians might be off then, but those of us south of the health care border will be working away. And *I* especially, will be working toward my long-awaited Toronto launch next week!! Sqeeeeeeee!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment