Saturday, August 22, 2009

Future Posts & Random Musings

It is raining and gray and I have a steaming mug of coffee. Perfection. So, obviously, I am thinking of future blog posts. Here is the tentative line-up:

* a long one with my thoughts on what to do, and what not to do, when writing characters who are "other" to one's own experience, particularly characters of colour

* a contest. I'm still fleshing this one out, but it will be a contest in collaboration with one or two other bloggers. The prize will be a cash prize (in the form of a gift card) + (of course,) books + whatever signed Gossip Girl (and other Hollywood stars) paraphernalia that I can snag from insiders who work on shows and films.

Also, in other news:

I am feeling slightly in love with my Canadian publicist. She is gorgeous; has done the impossible (gotten a deadline extended for an award so that we could submit my book--long after said deadline had passed); and returned an email on a SATURDAY.
*SIGH* I shall continue to ply her with chocolate and liquor.

I realized that this year I managed to accomplish two things I never thought I could:
(1) Write a paranormal novel featuring strong, multicultural female characters; and, even more challenging,
(2) wear black nail polish.

Next year, I shall run for president and wear a bikini (one where the top actually matches the bottom). Though I probably will not do those at the same time.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, all!

3 comments:

cleemckenzie said...

I want to see that black nail polish, do you hear? Will wonders never cease?

Congrats on that agent. You deserve her.

Anonymous said...

Very interested to read your thoughts about writing characters who are "other" to one's own experience. Since, yanno, I'm doin' that...

Neesha Meminger said...

@skov: shoot me an email, d00d. Happy to offer whatever thoughts/insights I might have.

Post a Comment