Tuesday, May 11, 2010

May Happenings

Okay, May is zooming by. Earlier this month, I was at the Hudson Children's Book Festival - which was great fun. I blogged about it here. Since I came back, I got romance novel number two (written under a pen name) on contract and am waiting for the edit letter from my lovely editor for that - should have it any day now. I have a manuscript on sub and am working on romance number three while waiting patiently :). BEA is in a couple weeks, and events at my kids' school are revving up as we start winding down the school year.

At the end of the month, I will be at Wiscon, [deep, movie-announcer voice] the leading feminist sci-fi convention [/deep, movie-announcer voice]. I'll be on three panels - Race Basics; What is Feminist Romance?; and Should Children Be Sheltered from Violence?. That last one I am moderating. So, if you are in or around Madison, WI, please send me an email! I'd love to meet you if my schedule permits.

6 comments:

MissA said...

So close to me, WisCon should be moved to Illinois :)

Have a great and fun-filled May. And congrats on the 2nd romance contract!

Martina Boone said...

I wish I was near Wisconsin. I would love to hear that panel on violence. It is such a critical topic. What are your views?

Neesha Meminger said...

@ Adventures - I started writing my views for you and just couldn't stop! My comment became *way* longer than the original post, so I had to remove it. I might put it up as a separate post if I get a chance, but I will definitely do a post-Wiscon wrap up where I will share my views, as well as the interesting points brought up at the panel. It is certainly shaping up to be an interesting one - especially since the panelists seem to have such different experiences and views.

@ Miss A - Ack - so close and yet so far! One of these days, though...

Mrs. Pilkington said...

so wishing i could be at those wiscon panels! you will ROCK.

cleemckenzie said...

Have been buried out here in California. Wanted to tell you I saw Shine turned out on our library shelf as "pick of the week." That was so exciting. Glad you're keeping busy :-)

Best, Lee

Shveta Thakrar said...

Neesha, I'm going to be at WisCon, too, and on a panel and a reading! Can't wait to see you there. :D

Post a Comment